Upgrading Fender Reverb DeLuxe and Twin Reverb with Webers

Amp / Effektgeräte selbst bauen oder reparieren
Antworten
pp-guitars
Holzkäufer
Danksagung erhalten: 2 Mal

Upgrading Fender Reverb DeLuxe and Twin Reverb with Webers

Beitrag von pp-guitars » 20.07.2012, 15:25

After I heard the Weber Grey Wolf in my 5E3 amp, I decided to try them out in my twin. A friend of mine ordered a Walnut/Maple cab for his Fender Reverb DeLuxe. He wants less weight/hight, as this amp is terrible to move around. We ordered 2 Silver tens, and a 12" grey Wolf. We tested the Jensens against the Tens and then against the Wolf. NO DOUBT the Wolf is the winner. I'ts a 4 Ohm speaker, but it puts out 100db....it's a LOUDspeaker.
My Twin sounds amazing

Bild

I recorded 2 chords on Bridge/Both/Neck, with no change in anything but speakerchange. The clips are put together, so the Jensens come first, and then The Wolves. You can easily see the howl of the Grey's

Bild

Bastelmann
Ober-Fräser
Danksagung erhalten: 16 Mal

Re: Upgrading Fender Reverb DeLuxe and Twin Reverb with Webe

Beitrag von Bastelmann » 22.07.2012, 18:34

Interesting! I own an old red knob twin, which I love very much (at least the clean channel), but I am always very satisfied with its original Fender speakers. Your friend doesn´t like the weight of his Deluxe Reverb? Let him carry your twin for about five to ten minutes around the house.... :lol:
Die Bundesdoofenbeauftragte warnt: "Keine Macht den Doofen!"

pp-guitars
Holzkäufer
Danksagung erhalten: 2 Mal

Re: Upgrading Fender Reverb DeLuxe and Twin Reverb with Webe

Beitrag von pp-guitars » 23.07.2012, 20:35

Yeah the Twin is a monster, and the deluxe is almost same weight, but whats wrong with that is the hight. You gotta be 2,5 meter tall to lift it naturally off the floor. Otherwise you have to carry it in a bend arm.

Antworten

Zurück zu „Amp-/Effektgerätebau“